Host choice of cancellation policies
We allow Hosts to choose from the following cancellation & refund policies that may be offered to Guests in relation to their Bookings:
- Flexible: If a Guest cancels at least 3 days prior to their arrival, Guests will receive a full refund of the Accommodation Fees. If a Guest cancels anywhere between 3 days before arrival and check in date, 50% of the Accommodation Fees will be refunded. If a Guest needs to cancel at any point during their stay (i.e. the Guest has to leave early), 50% of the Accommodation Fees for the remaining night(s) will be refunded.
- Strict: If a Guest cancels at least 14 days prior to their arrival, Guests will receive a full refund of the Accommodation Fees. If a Guest cancels any time between 14 days before arrival and the check in date, 50% of the Accommodation Fees are refunded. If a Guest needs to cancel at any point during their stay, then only 50% of the remaining night(s) Accommodation Fees are refunded.
- Long Term: These Bookings require a first month down payment. If Guests need to cancel the Booking, Guests must provide at least 30 days notice. If a Guest cancels less than 30 days prior to check in, the down payment made by the Guest for the first month is non-refundable. If a Guest has to cancel during the stay, Guests are required to pay the Accommodation Fees for the 30 day period following the cancellation date or up to the end date of the original Booking, if fewer than 30 days remain.
Additional points to note:
- The Guest Service Fee is non-refundable in the event of a Guest cancellation.
- A Host's cancellation policy can be found in the Listing. Guests must agree to the Host's cancellation policy when they make a Booking Request.
Extenuating circumstances may include, but not be limited to: serious illness or injury to you restricting your ability to travel, natural disasters, travel restrictions or serious security advisories issued after Booking, endemic disease, severe property damage or maintenance issues affecting safety.
Issues with the Host or Accommodation
- the Host of the Accommodation cancels a Booking shortly before Guest check in;
- Host fails to provide the Guest with access to the Accommodation (e.g. by providing keys and/or any applicable security code).
- the Listing Information is materially different to the actual Accommodation, which may include but not be limited to inaccurate:
- size of the Accommodation (e.g. the number and size of bedrooms, bathrooms and/or kitchens or other rooms);
- amenities or features described in the Listing Description (which may be missing or not functioning) such as fitness equipment, bathroom equipment (such as showers, baths), kitchen appliances (such as sink, fridges) swimming pools, hot tubs, heating or air condition systems;
- geographic location of the Accommodation and its described proximity to attractions and transport hubs (airports, train stations etc).
- upon Guest check in, the Accommodation:
- is dirty or unsanitary;
- contains safety or health hazards that cause risk of injury or to health or would otherwise be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Guest’s stay at the Accommodation in our reasonable opinion.
What to do if you encounter a Booking Issue
You may contact us if, having cancelled a Booking, you believe that the cancellation resulted from extenuating circumstances. In such situations, you must submit a claim to us within fourteen (14) days of the date you cancelled your Booking and provide any supporting documentation we reasonably request. If we determine, at our sole discretion, that your reasons for cancellation are for extenuating circumstances, we may override the Host’s cancellation policy and make appropriate refunding decisions we consider reasonable in the circumstances.
Issues with your Host or the Accommodation
As a Guest, in order to submit a claim when you have encountered any Host or Accommodation issues specified in this policy:
- you must not have directly or indirectly caused the Host or Accommodation issue (through your action, omission or negligence); and
- you must have used reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of the Host or Accommodation Issue with the Host prior to making a claim.
If we agree that you have suffered an issue with your Host or the Accommodation, we will either:
- refund you for such amount of the Accommodation Fees we consider reasonable having regard to the nature of the Host or Accommodation issue suffered by you; or
- use our reasonable efforts to find and book you alternative Accommodation for any unused nights left in your Booking which in our determination is reasonably comparable to the Accommodation described in your original Booking, having regard to size, rooms, features and quality.
The determinations we make under this policy, including without limitation the size of any refund, shall be final and binding on you and the Hosts.